4. Why do so many people say Trump isn’t racist? Or say they voted for him despite that and feel ok with it?
First, as Hawkins said, I know of nothing that he has said or did that was racist. I know about the Mexican comment he made, but I don’t believe it was racist. It was hyperbole and it was effective at getting people’s attention. In case you haven’t noticed, Trump uses a LOT of hyperbole.
I’ve said this before, although I haven’t written it, but Trump is now taking the brunt of the anti-conservative impact because he’s become the figurehead of “racist” America. If Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz would have been the nominee and won, they would have been racist too. If you pay attention, 49.8% of Americans are racist; that’s everyone that voted for him, including me. But liberals think everything is racist and hateful: wanting a wall, protecting our borders, school choice, voter ID, standing against Affirmative Action, standing for traditional marriage, understanding that psychological disorders aren’t genders… Basically, opposing any idea held by liberals can get a person branded a racist.
If a liberal calls me a racist, based on their twisted definition, it actually makes me feel better about myself. Why? Because it confirms that I’m on the right side of morality. Because in the real, true definition of the word, I am not racist. I believe everyone should be treated the same regardless of their race, and no race is better than any other race.
How can I be okay voting for Donald Trump despite the fact that so many people think he’s racist? First, as I said, I don’t believe it. Second, liberals have screamed racist so much that it means nothing to me. Third, the alternative, Hillary Clinton, was worse:
- Her pro-abortion stance is sickening.
- She would have nominated the next Supreme Court Justice.
- Her stance on guns and the Second Amendment were frightening.
- She’s out of touch with the working class and holds them in contempt.
- She’s a Democrat. No More Democrats #NoMoreDemocrats « Reflection On Plumb
- 10 Reasons Why I Will Never Vote for Hillary Clinton | The American Spectator
- The Top 100 Most Damaging WikiLeaks
Despite President Trump’s weaknesses, I’m glad I voted for him, and I’m pleased with his efforts so far.
- What would President Trump have to do for me to turn against him?
- What is the conservative view of Trump’s infrastructure plan?
- Why are conservatives against an investigation of Donald Trump’s Russian ties?
- Doesn’t President Trump alarm you?
- Hillary Clinton Lost To Donald Trump: Here’s Why
- Do you still believe Trump’s business conflicts won’t be a problem?