If you think Trump was elected because of racism, bigotry, prejudice, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc., you’re living in an alternate reality. While some of these things certainly exist, it’s on a smaller scale than Democrats believe, and it wasn’t enough to swing the election. The real reason Donald Trump won is because Hillary Clinton lost.
Most everyone can agree that Donald Trump was not the ideal Republican candidate. The man is deeply flawed. But, so is Hillary Clinton. But, so are we. No one is good, not one. Whether Clinton or Trump is the better person is debatable, but in the end, what matters, is that Hillary Clinton, as a candidate, is the more deeply flawed.
How? Let me list some of the reasons:
- Trump wants to build a wall. Whether practical or not, the message is that he will work to keep illegal immigrants out, and deport the illegal immigrants that are here. Democrat’s refusal to distinguish between legal and illegal hurt them.
- Trump wants to temporarily ban all Muslims from entering the country. He wants to make sure they’re properly vetted. When 99% of terrorist attacks are caused by Muslims, this is common sense; Ismlorealism if you will. When a candidate refuses to acknowledge terror attacks for what they are, it shows a lack of concern for American lives and security.
- Trumps wants to make American great again. Once upon a time, American was looked up to in the world. Now we’re frowned upon. It’s time to reverse that. Many people want a President that likes this country, instead of one who appears to not like it. They want a President to look out for the citizens of this country, after all, the position is President of the United States, not President of the United Nations.
These issues were a big deal, but should not have been. The insistence of Democrats that they have to have it all or have it all, probably helped drive voter turn-out against Hillary. Here are more reasons people didn’t vote for Hillary:
- Wikileads: 100 reasons why people didn’t vote for Hillary.
- FBI’s Investigation of Clinton Foundation Continues | RealClearPolitics
- Whether true or false, Hillary’s scandals still follow her. How can one woman be involved with so many scandals and none of them be true? The lack of trust from many voters is easy to explain.
- Despite Comey’s recommendation not to prosecute: Half of voters think Clinton’s private email server use was illegal | TheHill
- Hillary Clinton has been part of the political establishment for 30 years. Trump was an outsider.
- She’s a Democrat. This isn’t getting a lot of coverage, but she’s not the only Democrat to have lost in this election. Democrats lost ground across the country, presumably for their platform.
- Obamacare is not popular, and is on the verge of imploding. It’s poor legislation that was crammed down America’s throat. Millions of Americans want it repealed. Trump said he would repeal it, she did not.
- Hillary supports late-term abortion.
- In fact, Hillary’s support for late-term abortion may have energized Evangelicals.
- She lost due to a backlash against political correctness.
- She lost due to Obama’s executive overreach.
- Other miscellaneous reasons Hillary lost:
- “Trump did indeed win the Catholic vote, 52 to 45. This is the first time since 2004 that the Republican candidate has won among Catholics.” Turns Out Trump Won Catholics, But Not By 16 Points – Christine Rousselle
- “640,000 New York voters split their ticket to support Trump while backing Democrats further down the ticket.” Trump did shockingly well in New York, Hillary had “no coattails” « Hot Air
- “It is a party more comfortable coercing Americans who see the world differently than in convincing them. It is a movement propelled by a liberal punditry that’s stopped debating and resorted to smearing millions they disagree with.” Democrats Have Only Themselves To Blame For Trump
- Hillary Clinton failed to win over black, Hispanic and female voters – the charts that show why she lost the presidential election
- She lost the Cuban-American vote. Election Results Show There Is No One ‘Hispanic’ Vote
- If you think gay rights don’t trump religious rights, your vote probably went against the Democrat Hillary Clinton. Many voted against Clinton because liberals and progressives think it’s okay to force Christian bakers, florists, and photographers to provide services for events they disagree with.
- There is a perception that the government, especially the current Democratic administration is corrupt. There are too many scandals, and too many people pleading the Fifth on things like: Fast and Furious, IRS Targeting, and most recently Loretta Lynch on the Secret Iran ‘Ransom’ Payments.
- Democrats have a reputation of resorting to intimidation and violence. Project Veritas appears to have proven this to be true.
- Rigging the Election – Video I: Clinton Campaign and DNC Incite Violence at Trump Rallies | Project Veritas Action
- Rigging the Election – Video II: Mass Voter Fraud | Project Veritas Action
- Rigging the Election – Video III: Creamer Confirms Hillary Clinton Involvement | Project Veritas Action
- Anderson Cooper Calls Project Veritas Action Videos “Damning” – YouTube
- Liberals that said they’d leave. That was a huge incentive! These 23 Celebrities Said They’ll Leave The Country If Trump Wins – Catherine Dunn
This isn’t a discussion of right or wrong. It’s simply a list of reasons Hillary lost to Donald Trump. There are more. I could go on. This is enough for now.
- Corruption Is Why Trump Needs To Jail Clinton
- Why doesn’t character matter to you anymore?
- What would President Trump have to do for me to turn against him?
- What is the conservative view of Trump’s infrastructure plan?
- Why are conservatives against an investigation of Donald Trump’s Russian ties?
- Doesn’t President Trump alarm you?
- Why do so many people say Trump isn’t racist?
- Do you still believe Trump’s business conflicts won’t be a problem?