A married, mother of two, illegal immigrant was deported and it’s her fault, no one else’s.
“The undocumented immigrant was detained Wednesday and deported within 24 hours to her native Mexico…1“
Since “undocumented immigrant” doesn’t clearly describe her status, let me: Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos committed the crime of entering the U.S. illegally in the mid-1990s at the age of 14. A more accurate term for undocumented immigrant is illegal immigrant.
Later, in 2008, she was convicted of using a fake Social Security Number (felony criminal impersonation). While it’s true that she probably wasn’t “a threat to nobody,1” it doesn’t matter. She broke the law. Twice.
Now she’ll be the face of Trump’s policy. She’ll be the face of families being torn apart, and the beginning of the attempt to blame this on Trump. The fact of the matter is, this is her fault, and her fault alone. She knew she was here illegally when she got married, and she knew she was here illegally when she had children here. She knew they were legal citizens, and she was not. She knew there was the possibility of being deported even in those circumstances, and her children would have the option of staying. That’s not love; that’s selfishness.
Unfortunately, she had help. Enablers, if you will. Sanctuary cities, and liberals who don’t give a damn about who comes across the border ILLEGALLY. States that give illegal immigrants driver’s licenses and allow them to vote in certain elections. People that gave her hope that her crime would be ignored.
I wonder though, in this particular instance, why was she the first one deported? I almost feel like this was done intentionally to show the new policy in the worst possible light. Was this another botched rollout of an Executive Order, or was Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos a pawn to get the left to, once again, come unhinged.
While it may be true that illegal immigration has not resulted in high profile terror attacks, crime is still an issue. Worse, are those caught and then released only to commit more crimes and even murder.
But crime isn’t the only problem. The financial cost to taxpayer’s is tremendous:
- The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer | The Heritage Foundation
- The Cost of Welfare Use By Immigrant and Native Households | Center for Immigration Studies
- Federal Funding of America’s Sanctuary Cities | American Transparency (pdf)
- Deplorable? Obama Sent $27 Billion Taxpayer Money To Fund Sanctuary Cities In 2016 | Zero Hedge
If we stop sending money to sanctuary cities, we’ll have more than enough to pay for the wall.
Finally, you may not like the definition of criminal, but it’s really rather simple:
a person who has committed a crime
Being here illegally is a crime. That makes all illegal immigrants criminals. And they know that. They also know illegal immigrants can be deported. This isn’t a surprise; it’s the law.
- Almasy, Steve and Grinberg, Emanuella and Sanchez, Ray (2017). Mom deported in Arizona immigration case has no regrets – CNN.com. CNN. Accessed: 10 Feb 2017. ↩
- Immigration, Law, and the Bible
- What Does the Bible Say About Borders?
- The Illegal Immigration Problem Is A Democrat Problem
- On Immigration
- Illegal Immigration: Yes, Punishment Is Fair
- How can a conservative square funding for the wall?