How do conservatives square 8 yrs of calling Obama a tyrant while supporting an actual tyrant?
22 May 2018
33. How do conservatives square 8 yrs of calling Obama a “tyrant” while supporting an actual tyrant?
Obama was not a tyrant, but I understand why many people considered him one; he did tend to rule by executive order. Actually, he abused them. If he couldn’t get something done through Congress, the way he was supposed to, he got it done through the bureaucracies (EPA regulations), executive orders, or abuse of governmental powers (Tea Party targeting by IRS). He did have a reputation for being a bit dictatorial.
Trump has not exhibited anything different that Obama. He’s simply using the same executive order process, but he’s undoing the damage done by his predecessor. He’s also working to get the bureaucracies, such as the EPA, back under control. Congress is supposed to make law, not bureaucracies. And he’s also working to get politics out of certain governmental organizations.
I don’t see tyrant when I see Trump. Not any more than I saw tyrant in Obama.
- Doesn't President Trump alarm you?
- Why doesn't character matter to you anymore?
- Do you believe Trump will significantly revive the manufacturing industry?
- Are you at all concerned that Trump is undermining our national security?
- Why do conservatives have a problem mixing smaller government and a competent government?
Comments powered by Talkyard.